Make a difference in the lives of women and children in Tajikistan - no amount is too small!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

How it started.

It's been a life long dream to volunteer in a developing country. It is on the top of my "bucket list." Have you seen the movie? I was young when I had my family so I knew it would be something I would be doing later in life. Social work was my area of study in university, but following some research on volunteering, I realized I needed some Project Management knowledge and skills as well. So, with a couple years of social work and a couple years of project management, I felt equipted to begin my journey.

As Fate would have it.. if you follow me.. the Government agreed to a joint partnership with CUSO-VSO, a volunteer services organization. Government employees are provided the opportunity to volunteer over seas and come back to a job!! WOW. Sign me up! So after a couple of months of self evaluation and discussion with friends and family - can I really do this? what if I fail? What if I meet up with the bugs hahah.. no seriously, me and bugs don't get along - and of course the biggest question ever... can I leave my girls behind? I applied.

All you do is apply online http://www.cuso-vso.org/volunteer/apply-online/index.asp#0

A couple days later I was contacted to set up a phone interview. Very informal.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment